Greetings from Deep Creek Lake,
We asked and she delivered! Mother Nature has been quite forthcoming with snow this season, which is well received by skiers, snowmobilers and winter enthusiasts in general. My 2-year old, Griffin (right), had his first sledding experience in the backyard. He thought it was alright but he would rather watch mommy make snowballs to toss to the dog! And my little heartbreaker, Jensen (left), just turned 8-months and has had a rough time keeping healthy this winter. Thankfully, it hasn’t stopped our adventurer from learning to crawl and stand.
There’s plenty of time to register for the 17th Annual Deep Creek Dunk to benefit Maryland Special Olympics. The event takes place on Saturday, February 21st at the Honi-Honi. Registration begins at 12:00 and the dunk begins at 2:00. The amount of registrants is so great that they send the dunkers in the water by groups. As a bystander, the entertainment is plentiful as it typically takes about an hour for all of the dunkers to make their way in and out of the frigid waters of Deep Creek Lake. Costumes range from trunks, bikinis, rock stars, cartoon characters and everything in between! Parking can get tight so you may want to arrive a little early and enjoy the outdoor music and pep rally that takes place beforehand. Or, walk or snowmobile by lake to the Dunk this year. Ice depth doesn’t seem to be an issue for snowmobilers considering the blast of cold temperatures we’ve had for the last several weeks. Bob and I are planning to travel there by sled. If you want to join the caravan let us know. More details.
The Spiker Team has some new, exciting listings to share with you. This link will allow you to view information, photos and tours of each. http://mrislistings.mris.com/DE.asp?ID=61380996981
- New to the Market…332 Bracken Drive/Loch Glade Sanctuary – a beautiful cedar sided home in a lake access community
- New to the Market…3365 Mayhew Inn Road – a 5-bedroom contemporary home nicely appointed overlooking Hammel Glade conservation area
- New to the Market…1163 Deep Creek Drive/Pinebreeze – a one-level waterfront condo with a dedicated dock slip that walks right out to the water
- Price Reduced by $15K…258 Pinnacle Drive/The Pinnacle – a lovingly cared for contemporary home in a great community with a dedicated dock slip
And in honor of our furry, four-legged friends who need a home…The Work Crew is Ready to Start! We’re Raffling off a Home to Build a Home for Adoptable Pets!
Buy Your Ticket Today and you Could be the Grand Prize Winner of This Home! Plus other Cash Prizes!
One First Prize of $5,000 ● Two Second Prizes of $1,000 each ● Five Third Prizes of $500 each ● Ten-Forth Prizes of $100 each!
This beautiful Cape Cod-style home in Thurmont, Maryland could be yours for $100!!!!!
- Conveniently located between Hagerstown and Frederick, Maryland
- Recently remodeled
- Three levels
- Three bedroom/ Two Full and two half baths
- One-quarter Acre with detached garage and secluded backyard
- One block from Mt. St. Mary’s College
- Appraised Value (10/1/2014) $236,000
$100 Ticket/Maximum tickets sold: 4,000. Check it out at www.harthomeraffle.org
Enjoy your week and call on us anytime! www.DeepCreekLakeProperty.com
Betsy Spiker Holcomb
Note: As a member of our local Board of REALTORS, I am able to show you ALL listings regardless of the Broker representing the listing.