16 Cedar Shores Drive #17. In the heart of McHenry at Deep Creek Lake, you will find this three level log townhome at Cedar Shores. Walk into the spacious great room where you’re immediately struck by beautiful hardwood maple floors. There’s an open floor plan with kitchen and entertaining room perfect for family get-togethers. There is also a cozy dining area with a nice view of Deep Creek Lake and Wisp ski slopes. Continue reading 16 Cedar Shores Drive #17
HAVE a HEART Guest Bartender Challenge at JG’s is right around the corner! Taylor-Made Vacations and Sales will be volunteering at JG’s Pub on Tuesday, May 3 for the annual HAVE a HEART Guest Bartender challenge! Hosted by JG”s Pub, guest bartenders from Taylor-Made Vacations and Sales will mix up your favorite cocktail, get you some delicious grub, and contribute their tips to Hart for Animals! There will also be a 50/50 raffle, silent auction and lots of cool people to enjoy the fun with.
HART stands for Homeless Animal Rescue Team.
All HART animals receive:
- Top notch veterinarian care
- All currently needed vaccinations
- Specialized treatment and surgeries as needed
- 24 Pet Watch Microchips
- Spay / neuter of all animals
- HART members share the same goal to save, spay / neuter, love, and find them forever homes
- HART is a 100% volunteer, non-profit 501c3 charity organization with no paid staff of any kind. All donations are tax deductible and will directly benefit the animals.
HART’s mission is to improve the lives of animals in Western Maryland by:
- Rescuing animals and transporting them to areas where they will have a better chance of being adopted.
- Reducing pet overpopulation through low-cost spaying and neutering.
- Building a humane and friendly animal center, where adoptable animals will never have to be euthanized.
- Providing information and education to owners about responsible pet ownership, obedience training and rehabilitation of rescues to reduce the number of relinquished and abandoned animals.
To achieve our mission, HART has raised $2.75 million dollars to build and equip the HART Animal Center and to provide ancillary services that will ensure the continued operation of the Center by creating a source of revenue and a permanent endowment. The Center also is creating job opportunities and training county residents interested in animal care, rehabilitation, and rescue and support Garrett County’s efforts to enforce the laws against animal cruelty and neglect.
HART’s Animal Adoption Center has become a model for compassionate animal rescue and community involvement in saving the lives of companion animals. HART has brought about a community where the famous words of Mahatma Gandhi inspire the efforts of everyone involved in making the center a reality:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.”
Deep Creek Lake’s Top Spring Activities
We are often asked what are Deep Creek Lake’s best spring activities. In a four-season resort like Deep Creek there is always plenty to do as you transition into each season. As we start getting closer to the end of the 2016 winter season it’s a great time to start planning next season’s family adventures. Springtime always has a special place in my heart personally because of the abundance of “new life” after a long winter of hibernation. You will not be disappointed with the diverse amount of activities we have here at Deep Creek to experience. Here are a few to get you started…
- Fishing- Like fishing? Get up before the crack of dawn and get out on the lake with a pale full of golden shiners in some secluded little cove near the dam and get ready to wear out your wrist reeling in 14+ species of fish. All your favorites are here such as largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, walleye, black crappie, yellow perch, bluegill and many other species. Start your day enjoying the peaceful calm that Deep Creek offers every morning and fill up your cooler with lunch for the family.
- Hiking–If you like to check-out from civilization and become one with nature then Deep Creek Lake is your home for great hiking adventures. With seven State parks, you will have no problem getting your fill of the green life. Mild temperatures, budding trees and blooming wildflowers make spring a great time to hike in the area. There is plenty of information online to get you started, so grab your family and get stepping!
- The Spring Thaw at Swallow Falls- You can witness a really amazing spectacle here at Deep Creek Lake in the Spring time. The Spring thaw at Deep Creek lake is basically all the snow accumulation during the winter melting which swells the rivers and waterfalls. Take some time to research and check out this amazing event.
- Golf – Deep Creek Lake is lucky enough to have the wonderful mountain course Lodestone near Wisp Resort. There’s also Thousand Acres Golf Course, Oakland Golf Club and Wisp Golf Course. You have a nice selection of different tiered golf courses for your enjoyment.
- Canoeing/Kayaking Paddleboarding- Take an early morning sunrise canoe/kayak or paddleboard run around the lake and have the entire lake to yourself. If you have never been on the lake early in the morning you are missing out on one amazing experience.
1278 Deep Creek Drive Sundown Chase BLDG 3 #3C is a beautiful townhome that has a great location and view! You’re walking distance from many popular restaurants, amenities and activities in the popular Northern end of the lake. Continue reading 1278 Deep Creek Drive Sundown Chase BLDG 3 #3C
This beautiful blue Lakefront home with tin roof and a detached garage is perfectly perched above Deep Creek Lake. It has been masterfully nestled into the mature local Timber with a very elaborate driveway for easy access to this home.The driveway is lined with rock walls made from huge local stones that releases perfectly at the front door of the lakefront home. Continue reading 2149 Marsh Hill Rd McHenry Maryland
1419 Sandy Shores Road
1419 Sandy Shores Road Deep Creek Lake Property . It has a type A dock (meaning you can have two powerboats and one non-powerboat), which is the highest classification of dock that we have here at the lake. Many features of the home set the stage for comfort and style, such as: maple hardwood flooring, log railing, large bedrooms, sunken living room, and 2 fireplaces. The elbow room in the summer really opens up as you factor in the enormous amount of decking space available. There’s nothing like grilling in the summer on the deck at Deep Creek Lake. Follow the path to your very own 100′ of prime lakefront and gorgeous lake views and sunrises. Spend time relaxing on the dock or get on the lake to enjoy swimming, canoeing, paddleboarding,water skiing/wakeboarding and jet skiing. fishing,
This property is an established rental and has great investment potential.
Directions: Garrett Highway to Sang Run Road, left on Marsh Hill Road right on Overlook Pass, left on Wisp Mtn Road, at intersection continue straight to Sandy Shores Road, follow to lakefront, home is on the left.
Please remember 6699 Gorman Road which is right outside of Deep Creek Lake. Beautifully remodeled home featuring three bedrooms, hardwood flooring, ceramic tile, full unfinished basement not to mention two fireplaces. Continue reading 6699 Gorman Road-Oakland MD-Remodeled Home- Easy Living
Immaculate home in the town of Accident Continue reading 301 Main St Ext, Accident – Minutes to Deep Creek Lake
Beautiful, totally remodeled home sitting on 104′ of stunning level lakefront offering a type A dock. Continue reading 571 Crows Point – Deep Creek Lakefront Home – Thousand Acres