HAVE a HEART Guest Bartender Challenge at JG’s is right around the corner! Taylor-Made Vacations and Sales will be volunteering at JG’s Pub on Tuesday, May 3 for the annual HAVE a HEART Guest Bartender challenge! Hosted by JG”s Pub, guest bartenders from Taylor-Made Vacations and Sales will mix up your favorite cocktail, get you some delicious grub, and contribute their tips to Hart for Animals! There will also be a 50/50 raffle, silent auction and lots of cool people to enjoy the fun with.
HART stands for Homeless Animal Rescue Team.
All HART animals receive:
- Top notch veterinarian care
- All currently needed vaccinations
- Specialized treatment and surgeries as needed
- 24 Pet Watch Microchips
- Spay / neuter of all animals
- HART members share the same goal to save, spay / neuter, love, and find them forever homes
- HART is a 100% volunteer, non-profit 501c3 charity organization with no paid staff of any kind. All donations are tax deductible and will directly benefit the animals.
HART’s mission is to improve the lives of animals in Western Maryland by:
- Rescuing animals and transporting them to areas where they will have a better chance of being adopted.
- Reducing pet overpopulation through low-cost spaying and neutering.
- Building a humane and friendly animal center, where adoptable animals will never have to be euthanized.
- Providing information and education to owners about responsible pet ownership, obedience training and rehabilitation of rescues to reduce the number of relinquished and abandoned animals.
To achieve our mission, HART has raised $2.75 million dollars to build and equip the HART Animal Center and to provide ancillary services that will ensure the continued operation of the Center by creating a source of revenue and a permanent endowment. The Center also is creating job opportunities and training county residents interested in animal care, rehabilitation, and rescue and support Garrett County’s efforts to enforce the laws against animal cruelty and neglect.
HART’s Animal Adoption Center has become a model for compassionate animal rescue and community involvement in saving the lives of companion animals. HART has brought about a community where the famous words of Mahatma Gandhi inspire the efforts of everyone involved in making the center a reality:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.”