My real estate listing tips are a guide to steer you in the direction of a successful sale. Spring is traditionally “listing season”. You want to be sure that you have all of your ducks in a row before hitting the market. Do what you can to make your property stand out from the competition. Lots of factors influence the time it takes to sell, but you can take steps to set yourself up for success.
Real Estate Listing Tips
1. Partner with an experienced agent. I am starting off with this because it really does have a significant impact. With 20+ years of experience with Deep Creek Lake and Garrett County real estate, I act as a resource for my sellers. They can rely on me for honest recommendations, consistent communication, an effective pricing strategy and effective negotiating skills. Don’t just take my word for it. Check out testimonials from my clients. Additionally, I have an extensive network of buyers. Also, I have a variety of property services at my disposal as a Taylor-Made agent. Our team provides housekeeping, lawn care, minor repairs, painting and more.
2. Freshen up your curb appeal. This is one of my top real estate listing tips for my clients. If a buyer doesn’t like the outside, they won’t look any further. Try to see your home through the buyer’s eyes. Of course, big items need to be addressed but look for the little things. Staining your deck, raking leaves, planting flowers can make a difference in your listing photos.
3. Make sure you are getting effective marketing. All of my listings get professional photos so that they are shown in the best light online. Custom videos and 3D tours are also an option. My listings are shown on all of the major real estate distribution sites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com and more. They are also promoted via social media, email, printed postcards and advertising to Taylor-Made vacation rental guests. You want an agent who will “pull out all of the stops” when it comes to marketing your listing.
4. Properly stage your home. When a buyer walks into your home, they want to be able to imagine living there. Clutter, shabby furniture or bold colors can be a turn off. De-personalize the space as much as possible. A fresh coat of paint is always a good idea, and neutral colors are best. I can advise you on where your money and time will be well-spent.
5. List your home for the right price. Of course, you want to get the most out of your home when you sell it. A good agent will advise you wisely. I use my experience, knowledge and market research to suggest a price that is competitive. Buyers have access to comparable sales in the area, so they are more educated than ever.
6. Sell at the right time of year. Traditionally, spring and summer are the best times to sell a home. Keep in mind that there will be more competition though. Your home should be in the best shape possible inside and out.
These real estate listing tips are a good way to begin the process of listing your Deep Creek Lake or Garrett County home. No matter what agent you choose, be sure it is someone that you can trust and rely on. I am always available to answer questions or offer real estate advice. Give me a call at 301-616-5022!