13 Top Rainy Day Activities at Deep Creek Lake, MD. So you come to spend time with us here at Deep Creek Lake and it’s raining. Don’t fret! We have plenty of things for you to do to have a fun vacation until the skies return to sunshine.
- 1. Deep Creek Lake Discovery Center– The Department of Natural Resources interpretive environmental center is a 6,000 square foot facility that includes classroom and conference areas complete with audio visual technology and wifi. They have daily activities and you can view their critters anytime.
- 2. Fun Unlimited, Funland or Smileys. Get a pizza and play arcade games with the family at these fun and established arcades/ pizza parlors.
- 3. Ice cream at Hueys or The Lakeside Creamery– When isn’t an ice cream a great idea for a crew on a rainy day?
- 4. The Oakland B & O Railroad Museum– Next time you are here at the lake get on 219 south and head to Oakland; you will be rewarded for your efforts once you get to the 1884 Oakland Train Station!
- 5. Garrett County Museum of Transportation–
Return to the past as you visit two floors of exhibits in the new Garrett County Transportation Museum.
- 6. Deep Creek Lavender Farm- Deep Creek Lavender farm is a small farm located in the Allegheny Mountains of Western Maryland near the four season resort area of Wisp and Deep Creek Lake. Walk the farm and visit the gift shop.
- 7. Garrett 8 Cinemas Go catch a movie across from Arrowhead and Pizzeria Uno’s
- 8. Bowling– Just a short pump down the road in Oakland we have a fun bowling center. The Alley.
- 9. Fire Fly Farms– This place is a must to drown away the rain blues. Watch them make delicious cheeses and then bring some home with a bottle of wine.
- 10. Englanders Antiques/Dottie’s Grill– Check out Western Maryland antiques and go have some buckwheat cakes at Dottie’s grill.
- 11. Schoolhouse Earth– A great place to wander around and get some interesting stuff to bring home.
- 12. Deep Creek Cellars– A small winery in the mountains of western Maryland emphasizing wines made from grapes that reflect their soil and site, mostly dry in style and meant to pair with good food.
13. 13. Come visit Betsy Spiker Holcomb at Taylor-Made Vacations and Sales and look at available second home real estate.