Tag: Taylor Made Vacations & Sales
67 Silver Tree Lane, Oakland, MD 21550
Enjoy this cozy and charming 5-bedroom lake access home that is just a few steps from the shores of Deep Creek Lake. This home has a beautiful open floor plan on the main level with peek-a-boos of the lake from the great room. Nice roomy kitchen overlooking the dining room and living room which is framed up by a beautiful stone gas fireplace. There is lots of usable deck space outside with close proximity to lake activities. There are two bedrooms on the main level and 3 on the lower level. Downstairs is a very comfortable great room sitting area with an equally impressive gas fireplace as the centerpiece of the room. Step outside on the lower level to a nice deck with seasonal views of the lake. Short walk to Dutch’s Restaurant and Silver Tree Marine. This home is priced right at $425,000. Call Betsy Spiker Holcomb and let her team help you preview this unique and wonderful home.
Remarks-Beautiful lake access/water view home in the Silver Tree landings community. This home offers five bedrooms, two of which are master’s, hardwood flooring, two propane fireplaces, open floorplan and cathedral ceilings. The wrap around deck offers lake views to enjoy those summer evenings. The hot tub is just one more plus to this home. You are within walking distance to restaurant and marina.
Ahhh… Mid-September Deep Creek Lake
It’s mid-September and we are transitioning into an absolutely gorgeous time of the year here at the lake. Temperatures are comfortably maxing out to the mid 70’s during the day and cooling down to the mid 50’s at night with very low humidity. It’s not quite feeling completely like fall but you can feel a subtle transition towards the season.
On the way to work this morning, I noticed the lake was free of any activity, be it boating or water sports. The winds, like most days this time of year, were very calm and the aura the lake gave off was both peaceful and soothing. It’s amazing how this affects everyone who lives and visits at the lake. Everyone I’ve run into today has been all smiles with a common discussion about the beautiful weather we are so fortunate to enjoy. I have mentioned this in the past many times, but if you can get here this time of year with your family you will experience a different and special personality of Deep Creek Lake. Maybe you need to unwind with your loved one and have a romantic get-away. This is the time of year where your focus can be crisp and clear like the weather surrounding you.
It’s also a great time to preview real estate since the crowds have thinned down and the rental homes are a little more accessible. Book a long weekend here at the lake and let Betsy Holcomb show you homes within your criteria. Start planting the seed now for your home here at the lake so you can enjoy these special surges in the season. Call Taylor-Made Deep Creek Vacations & Sales @ 866-351-1119 to find a great rental property to help enjoy your stay.
2379 Marsh Hill Road McHenry MD
Enjoy beautiful Deep Creek lakefront living at Marsh Hill Road. As you walk into the main level, you’ll notice a good view of the lake from a perched kitchen and dining living area. Just down the hall is a wonderfully cozy sitting room with a huge stone fireplace that also overlooks the lake. On the opposite end of the main level, you’ll find a huge master bedroom with plenty of closet space and a washer/dryer area with an enormous folding space. This joins a massive and gorgeous master bathroom which gives a mini-suite feel. You’ll notice beautiful wood floors throughout the entire main level as a class accent. Upstairs you will find three additional master bedrooms that have plenty of space and that are laid out perfectly. Downstairs you have a great sized recreation area with a pool table next to a nice wet bar. You also have an additional laundry room downstairs which has plenty of room for ping pong tables and bumper pool style games. There’s also a spacious bedroom that walks out onto a stone terrace and hot tub. This property is perched perfectly above Deep Creek Lake across from the 219 Bridge. The landscaping throughout the entire property is gorgeous. There’s plenty of room here with 180′ of lakefront. The house almost has a park-like feel to it. Take some time on your next visit to come visit this gorgeous property. You will not be disappointed.
154 Stilwater Drive-Upscale Lakefront
154 Stilwater Drive-Upscale Lakefront. If you are searching for nice, upscale lakefront living in the quiet community of Stilwater, look no further. Continue reading 154 Stilwater Drive-Upscale Lakefront
939 Glendale Road, Glendale Shores #1
939 Glendale Road, Glendale Shores #1 Oakland, Maryland 21550. This town home goes under the category of great Deep Creek Lakefront! The first thing you’ll notice as you walk up to the house is the new railing and steps built out of pressure-treated lumber. Continue reading 939 Glendale Road, Glendale Shores #1
Deep Creek Lake Restaurants
Lunch and dinner recommendation
- Dutch’s Daughter– Nice main level fine dining with excellent crab cakes, seafood and meat dishes. Downstairs hosts a massive bar that is a great place to catch friends for dinner. Don’t miss the cinnamon butter on fresh oatmeal crusted bread.
- Brenda’s Pizzeria– Straight up delicious New York Style pizza with extra delicious toppings. Sausage topping is out of this world! Great pasta and salads too.
- DC’s at Wisp Resort-Excellent menu with a little taste of everything. Their calamari appetizer is one of my favorites at the lake.
- Black Bear Tavern– Good bar food with a great local vibe. Wings are delicious and the Steak on the Lake is nice (It is served spicy so ask without jalapeños if you don’t like heat). E-z peel shrimp are a solid appetizer.
- Aces Run- Unique and popular pasta night on Wednesday and stir fry night on Friday. Solid menu A-Z with a great staff. Our real estate assistant Lisa Yommer said you cannot miss the fried pickles appetizer along with a salad.
- Moonshadow Café- Local food from local farmers is the base to this wonderful café. Get you some spicy cauliflower wings for a change of pace. For dinner, try their tenderloin which is absolutely delicious. Consistent good live music.
- Mountain State Brew Company– A great selection of hand crafted brews and fire oven pizza’s. Nuff said. Plenty of room for large parties.
- J G’s- Great bar food with plenty of local atmosphere. Known for good crabcakes.
- El Canelo’s – A short trip up the road to Oakland will reward you with great Mexican food. At lunch I get the jumbo burrito which has never failed me.
- Archie Barbecue- Food smoked perfect. Pulled beef, chicken and pork barbecue, brisket, ribs and turkey are no joke. Mac cheese is special as well.
- Uno’s Chicago Grill– Large and delicious menu from appetizers to entrees. Overlooking the lake with plenty of room for the kids to play outside. Come by boat on Saturdays for live music and the funnest place to be on the weekend.
- Pine Lodge- Great prime rib and Coconut Shrimp and Ahi tuna appetizers. Great food with a nice bar to socialize with local and out of town visitors.
- Deep Creek Seafood– Top choice seafood that you may miss if you’re not paying attention. Great liquor menu for those who want an upscale cocktail. The menu is fresh and changes with the seasons.
Breakfast Lunch Recommendations
- Englanders– Great home cookin folks! My favorite… Buckwheat cakes with two over easy eggs on top with a side of biscuits and gravy. Come check out their whole menu. Great antique shopping to boot!
- Perkins– Familiar franchise breakfast and lunch menus. Blueberry muffins are the real deal! Great food with large quantities and always super service.
- Canoe On the Run- Healthy slick spins on soups and sandwiches. Nice coffee, unique breakfasts and fresh daily menus.
- Arrowhead Market– Super cheeseburgers and other fresh sandwiches. Chunky homemade fries that they make fresh.
- Annie’s Kitchen– Love the honey dipped chicken and the salad bar. This place has excellent small town fresh food.
- Teli’s Deli– Suped-up Italian sandwiches and soups. Great cheeses as well.
16 Cedar Shores Drive #17
16 Cedar Shores Drive #17. In the heart of McHenry at Deep Creek Lake, you will find this three level log townhome at Cedar Shores. Walk into the spacious great room where you’re immediately struck by beautiful hardwood maple floors. There’s an open floor plan with kitchen and entertaining room perfect for family get-togethers. There is also a cozy dining area with a nice view of Deep Creek Lake and Wisp ski slopes. Continue reading 16 Cedar Shores Drive #17
HAVE a HEART Guest Bartender Challenge at JG’s
HAVE a HEART Guest Bartender Challenge at JG’s is right around the corner! Taylor-Made Vacations and Sales will be volunteering at JG’s Pub on Tuesday, May 3 for the annual HAVE a HEART Guest Bartender challenge! Hosted by JG”s Pub, guest bartenders from Taylor-Made Vacations and Sales will mix up your favorite cocktail, get you some delicious grub, and contribute their tips to Hart for Animals! There will also be a 50/50 raffle, silent auction and lots of cool people to enjoy the fun with.
HART stands for Homeless Animal Rescue Team.
All HART animals receive:
- Top notch veterinarian care
- All currently needed vaccinations
- Specialized treatment and surgeries as needed
- 24 Pet Watch Microchips
- Spay / neuter of all animals
- HART members share the same goal to save, spay / neuter, love, and find them forever homes
- HART is a 100% volunteer, non-profit 501c3 charity organization with no paid staff of any kind. All donations are tax deductible and will directly benefit the animals.
HART’s mission is to improve the lives of animals in Western Maryland by:
- Rescuing animals and transporting them to areas where they will have a better chance of being adopted.
- Reducing pet overpopulation through low-cost spaying and neutering.
- Building a humane and friendly animal center, where adoptable animals will never have to be euthanized.
- Providing information and education to owners about responsible pet ownership, obedience training and rehabilitation of rescues to reduce the number of relinquished and abandoned animals.
To achieve our mission, HART has raised $2.75 million dollars to build and equip the HART Animal Center and to provide ancillary services that will ensure the continued operation of the Center by creating a source of revenue and a permanent endowment. The Center also is creating job opportunities and training county residents interested in animal care, rehabilitation, and rescue and support Garrett County’s efforts to enforce the laws against animal cruelty and neglect.
HART’s Animal Adoption Center has become a model for compassionate animal rescue and community involvement in saving the lives of companion animals. HART has brought about a community where the famous words of Mahatma Gandhi inspire the efforts of everyone involved in making the center a reality:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.”
Deep Creek Lakes Top Spring Activities
Deep Creek Lake’s Top Spring Activities
We are often asked what are Deep Creek Lake’s best spring activities. In a four-season resort like Deep Creek there is always plenty to do as you transition into each season. As we start getting closer to the end of the 2016 winter season it’s a great time to start planning next season’s family adventures. Springtime always has a special place in my heart personally because of the abundance of “new life” after a long winter of hibernation. You will not be disappointed with the diverse amount of activities we have here at Deep Creek to experience. Here are a few to get you started…
- Fishing- Like fishing? Get up before the crack of dawn and get out on the lake with a pale full of golden shiners in some secluded little cove near the dam and get ready to wear out your wrist reeling in 14+ species of fish. All your favorites are here such as largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, walleye, black crappie, yellow perch, bluegill and many other species. Start your day enjoying the peaceful calm that Deep Creek offers every morning and fill up your cooler with lunch for the family.
- Hiking–If you like to check-out from civilization and become one with nature then Deep Creek Lake is your home for great hiking adventures. With seven State parks, you will have no problem getting your fill of the green life. Mild temperatures, budding trees and blooming wildflowers make spring a great time to hike in the area. There is plenty of information online to get you started, so grab your family and get stepping!
- The Spring Thaw at Swallow Falls- You can witness a really amazing spectacle here at Deep Creek Lake in the Spring time. The Spring thaw at Deep Creek lake is basically all the snow accumulation during the winter melting which swells the rivers and waterfalls. Take some time to research and check out this amazing event.
- Golf – Deep Creek Lake is lucky enough to have the wonderful mountain course Lodestone near Wisp Resort. There’s also Thousand Acres Golf Course, Oakland Golf Club and Wisp Golf Course. You have a nice selection of different tiered golf courses for your enjoyment.
- Canoeing/Kayaking Paddleboarding- Take an early morning sunrise canoe/kayak or paddleboard run around the lake and have the entire lake to yourself. If you have never been on the lake early in the morning you are missing out on one amazing experience.