Everyone enjoys the freedom of surfing the internet looking for that perfect property they’ve always dreamed of owning. It’s fun and relaxing. However, if you’re serious about turning that dream into a reality, you should know that without your very own area expert on the ground, you could be treading into some murky waters. Not to mention wasting a lot of time viewing all of the pretty pictures and descriptions without understanding the property’s full pro’s and con’s.
*** Please note that the most effective way to learn about the Deep Creek Lake area and real estate market is to contact us directly for a “no-pressure” consultation. This also ensures that you are made aware of ALL potential properties because, unfortunately, some brokers do not participate in the Internet Data Exchange (IDX).***
Other than the physical features of a property, there are many other important factors that Buyers and Sellers should be informed of here at Deep Creek Lake. Some of these important factors are specific to this particular geographical area such as:
– Local Market Conditions
– Comparable Multiple List Service Sales Data
– Conservation Easements
– Approved and Potential Developments
– Waterfront vs. Water Access vs. Water View vs. Other Area Properties
– Bufferstrip Buydown – “where is the property boundary?”
– Deeded Access and Bufferstrip Special Use Permits
– Building Setback Requirements
– Maryland Department Of Natural Resources Issues
– Condominium – “Landominium” – Covenants and Restrictions
– Transient Vacation Rental Permits (TVRU)
– Water Supply – Areas that have been flagged for low water trend
– Building and Land Inspections
– Septic Issues
These are only a few of the aspects that can be very important to you and your Deep Creek Lake area dream property. Let us guide you through to a smooth result from recommendations on mortgage consultants to service and retail people we have built relationships with.
Trust & Confidence: Our motto and promise is to represent our clients as a trusted advisor, skilled negotiator, and expert facilitator, in command of every part of the transaction.
Hope to talk to you soon,
Betsy Spiker Holcomb
Fill out information below, if you want to contact us now.
So much to do throughout all four seasons! Whether you reside all year round or looking for the perfect second home, there are many local events, activities, and things to do in the area.Learn More